Have you ever played a Public Grand Piano high over Tokyo Japan? Did you ever get the opportunity to actually touch artwork by the world-famous artist Yayoi Kusama, 90 years of age? Here’s your chance!
If you watch above photo close enough, you’ll see it states this text:
- This piano is setted up for the hospitality to a lot of people who are coming to Tokyo Government Office by communicating with people from local and abroad through music.
- This piano is donated by a citizen of Tokyo, it has a lot of memories in it. And this was decorated by the supervision of “Avant-garde artist Yayoi Kusama“.
Furthermore, rights & obligations are very well made clear to the visitors:
- When there are many users, please share with others. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please keep the piano lid closed when playing for safety reason.
- Please refrain from the commercial acts, such as photography.
- Please refrain from singing and performing with any other musical instruments.
We would always be respectful to the piano and its surroundings, but appreciate these rules of engagement. More importantly, we can’t wait to play this piano some day, what about you?