Open Piano for Refugees (Austria & Germany)
December 31, 2022
“Open Piano for Refugees” has only been on our radar since 2019 (sorry about that 🙂 ). It’s a mixture of continuous-display-pianos, single- and multi-piano Events, spread over 2 neighbor countries: Germany & Austria. This one to give you a feeling of everything this great initiative has to offer!
About the Pianos
From their photo Gallery, you’ll notice that they offer the public beautiful grand pianos and baby-grands. Some of them are art-worked, most of them aren’t, but what about below numbers of baby-grands, wow 🙂 ! Here’s 2 examples from the Open Piano for Refugees Facebook.
About the Venue/Event
As you’ll read on their website, goal is to bring people from all walks of life together by placing freely accessible baby-grands in public places. Places of encounter arise where language and words become superfluous. The project strengthens the social participation of refugees and overall social cohesion.
- 27-30. August 2020 LINZ (AT), HAUPTPLATZ
- 26-30. August 2020 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), PLATZ DER MENSCHENRECHTE
- 19-23. August 2020 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), BAHNHOF FLORIDSDORF
- 6-9. August 2020 SALZBURG (AT), MOZARTPLATZ
- 6-9. August 2020 LINZ (AT), HAUPTPLATZ
- 27. July – 9. August 2020 BREGENZ (AT), SEEPROMENADE
- 23-26. July 2020 INNSBRUCK (AT), M.-THERESIENSTR.
- 22-25. July 2020 DORNBIRN (AT), MARKTPLATZ
- 2-5. July 2020 SALZBURG (AT), MOZARTPLATZ
- 24-28. June 2020 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), PLATZ DER MENSCHENRECHTE
- 6. March 2020 BONN (DE), LVR LANDESMUSEUM
- 20-22. February 2020 STEYR (AT), HEY!
- 19-22. February 2020 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), CITYGATE
- 19-22. February 2020 GRAZ (AT), SHOPPING NORD
- 13-15. February 2020 FRANKFURT (DE), SKYLINE PLAZA
- 7. February 2020 BONN (DE), LVR LANDESMUSEUM
- 29-31. January 2020 DOREMI-KLASSENABENDE, VHS OTTAKRING, WIEN (VIENNA, AT)
- 25. January 2020 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), VORARLBERGER BALL, PALAIS FERSTL [OBACHT EINTRITTSKARTE ERFORDERLICH]
- 16-19. January 2020 LINZ (AT), ARS ELECTRONICA
- 9-11. January 2020 SALZBURG (AT), FORUM 1
- 7-11. January 2020 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), WIEN (VIENNA) MITTE – THE MALL
- 3-4. January 2020 BLUDENZ (AT), ZIMBAPARK
- 3. January 2020 BONN (DE), LVR LANDESMUSEUM
- 15. December 2019 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), FLOHMARKT MIT OPEN MIC, THE LOFT
- 3-5. December 2019 MÜNCHEN (MUNICH, DE), FÜNF HÖFE
- 24-27. October 2019 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), BAHNHOF FLORIDSDORF
- 12. October 2019 STOCKHOLM (SWE), SJÖHISTORISKA MUSEET, AMANDA PALMER AT OPEN PIANO FOR REFUGEES
- 11. October 2019 COPENHAGEN (DK), SCENEINDGANGEN, AMANDA PALMER AT OPEN PIANO FOR REFUGEES
- 24. September 2019 HAMBURG (DE), KLEINE WALLANLAGEN, AMANDA PALMER AT OPEN PIANO FOR REFUGEES
- 22-25. August 2019 FRANKFURT (DE), OPERNPLATZ
- 15-18. August 2019 DORTMUND (DE)
- 15-18. August 2019 LINZ (AT)
- 8-11. August 2019 DÜSSELDORF (DE)
- 8-11. August 2019 SALZBURG (AT), MOZARTPLATZ
- 1-4. August 2019 INNSBRUCK (AT), M.-THERESIENSTR.
- 1-2. August 2019 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), STEPHANSPLATZ
- 17-21. July 2019 BREGENZ (AT), SEEPROMENADE
- 01-23. June 2019 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), ALL OVER THE PLACE
- 23-26. May 2019 GRAZ (AT), SCHLOSSBERG (UHRTURM
- 26-28. April 2019 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), BAHNHOF FLORIDSDORF
- 01-04. April 2019 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), MILLENIUM CITY
- 28-30. March 2019 STUTTGART (DE), SCHWABENGALERIE
- 25-27. January 2019 WIEN (VIENNA, AT), HAUPTBAHNHOF
About the Organizer
Their motto – A musical instrument becomes an integration instrument. Everyone can play. Everyone can listen!
The team coordinates set-up and dismantling, weather protection, permits, piano transports, continuous support and performance of the pianos, as well as the organization of concerts at the locations. Generated donations are invested in their social music institute DoReMi.