New Zealand – year-round pianos
December 31, 2021
Since we’re yet to play any Public Pianos in New Zealand, all we can do for now is reading along admiringly about various initiatives over the years. Hello From The Other Side! 🙂
- Tauranga, New Zealand
- At present – Pilot Bay piano by Mount Maunganui Beach Piano
- 2014-2018 – 6 painted pianos by The Incubator and Historic Village, Tauranga. Katikati and Pilot Bay will each receive a painted piano, following three placed in Tauranga City – one outside Creative Tauranga on Willow St, another on The Strand and a third on Grey St. The last piano will remain at The Incubator.
- Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
- 2019-05-24 to 2019-07-30 – “Play This Piano” project – Takapuna, New Zealand – 1 piano by Youth Arts New Zealand (YANZ)
- Orewa Auckland, New Zealand
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2018 – CHC – Christchurch International Airport
- 2011 – Christchurch Painted Piano Project – 3 pianos. The pianos are the first Gap Filler projects in Woolston and New Brighton, while the piano in Sydenham will be building on other Gap Filler initiatives in the area.
- Wellington, New Zealand
- 2019 – Wellington Public Pianos by Wellington City Council
It’s piano time! Until sunset in Pilot Bay this evening
We’re confident there will be more New Zealand initiatives in the future. Thanks so much to let us know if you know about any of them! Until that time, stay safe, stay healthy and enjoy playing!