Fort Collins (US-CO) – Pianos About Town 2019 – 12 new pianos
August 2, 2019 - August 1, 2020
10th edition of Fort Collins Colorado – Pianos About Town. With an average 20 pianos during summer and 6 year-round, this became a never ending party for any street piano player 🙂
About the Pianos
- First, check the beautifully art-worked pianos over the years, thanks to local artists.
- The 2019 artists working on another generation art-worked pianos were selected to be:
– Natalie Selden Barnes
– Chelsea Ermer
– Elisa Gomez
– Wildrose Hamilton
– Amy Heyse
– Carly Knowles
– Mike McPuff (McClure)
– Joe Motive (Myers)
– Lynn Rizzotto
– Werner Schreiber
– Larry Tucci
– Kristen Vohs
- Note that the number of pianos in the EVENT TITLE reflects the newly introduced pianos only! With a maximum 2 year life on the streets for those pianos, that’s how Pianos About Town keeps an average of 20 playable pianos out during Summer and 6 during Winter.
- All pianos are beautifully art-worked by local artists.
- Pianos are painted from May through October in Old Town Square, where the public can interact with the artists as they work. Pianos are also painted in the winter months, in various public indoor locations. The completed pianos then rotate to various locations throughout Fort Collins, inviting people to admire the artwork and play a tune.
- Keep an eye on Pianos About Town – Facebook or Instagram for special Events around new piano introductions!
About the Venue/Event
- Noticed something funny about the Event dates? That’s because Piano About Town is a combination of Events and pianos on Continuous Display year-round. Even though new pianos get introduced on various moments during the year, we chose the date of August 2nd for the yearly Event renewal. That’s when Pianos About Town welcomed their magical 100th piano into the program in 2018!
- Kindly check the link to learn more about Fort Collins – municipality in northern Colorado.
About the Organizer
Pianos About Town is a collaborative project between the City of Fort Collins Art In Public Places Program, Bohemian Foundation, and the Downtown Development Authority. The project combines art and music for the enjoyment of the community.
Stay safe, stay healthy and enjoy playing Pianos About Town!