Dortmund (DE) – Spiel Mich 2021 – expect 14 pianos
June 14, 2021 - July 12, 2021
After the sad but understandable cancellation of the 2020 edition, another 14 pianos expected in Dortmund. We played quite a few multi-piano Events in Germany but we’ve yet to check in at “Spiel Mich Dortmund”. Maybe, 2021 would be our year of choice!
About the Pianos
- Some Spiel Mich cities will use brand new pianos without artwork, where others (like Dortmund) have their local artists and communities work on those pianos with passion and creativity. Dortmund offers a bit of both.
- More than in the US, Spiel Mich usually assigns pianos to shopkeepers or other property operators. Upside is that they’ll be the best buddies you could imagine to “their” piano. Hence, you’ll find pianos in above-average condition, which is great! Downside is that whenever de shop closes, the piano is stored inside and no longer playable for the day. Add to that some German cities keep their shops closed on Sundays, so plan you trip if you go out there to play.
About the Venue/Event
Kindly check the venue link below. We love to play in Germany in general with nice people, lots of skilled players and interested bystanders. Given the cancellation in 2020, this will be their 4 edition out their on the streets!
- Dortmund (DE) – Spiel Mich 2017 – 17 pianos
- Dortmund (DE) – Spiel Mich 2018 – 14 pianos
- Dortmund (DE) – Spiel Mich 2019 – 14 pianos
- Dortmund (DE) – Spiel Mich 2020 – SUSPENDED 🙁
- Dortmund (DE) – Spiel Mich 2021 – expect 14 pianos 🙂
About the Organizer
First, make sure to check Spiel Mich Dortmund website and/or Facebook. “Spiel Mich” (German language for Play Me) is a series of local initiatives throughout Germany. We haven’t found a linking pin yet between those organizations, but for sure they’ve been inspired by one another. Since we’ve played quite a few of these Events over the years, we can assure you that we’ve met the same German piano players in various corners of the country.