Augsburg (DE) – Streetpianos PMIY 2020 – 8 pianos
September 4, 2020 - September 27, 2020
Augsburg Germany in September 2020 was once again part of a yearly tradition in our street pianos calendar. Not only is this one of the friendliest cities you might visit, it’s generally the season’s closing Event in Europe. Dates got confirmed on the Augsburg PMIY webite, so have a go at it!
About the Pianos
With 23 Augsburg pianos under our belt (2017/2020), we know you’re in for a treat coming September. Very creative local artists will work on those pianos from May till end of July and will then reveal their masterpieces to us during September. Make sure to check the Augsburg PMIY website for actual piano locations, announced for:
- “Expecto Piano!” – Metzgplatz
- “Datschis KLAEVier” – Königsplatz at the Manzù-Brunnen
- “Vielfalt” – Stadtmarkt
- “Elements of Nature” – Holbeinplatz
- “Das Upcycling Klavier” – Bäckergasse
- “Heimatverliebt” – Handwerkskammer at Siebentischwald – Sorry, we had to skip this one, we spent most of our time at Metzgplatz 🙂
- “b-Ton” – Herz-Jesu-Kirche in Pfersee
- “Let’s Dance” – Oberhauser Friedensplatz (in between evangelischen Kirche St. Johannes and katholischen Kirche St. Joseph)
About the Venue/Event
Now remember we’re in Bavaria Germany, so building up towards the “Oktober Feste 2020”. It’s the friendliest of cities – not as massive as Munich – and those pianos will be placed on cosy squares, nice little parks and streets with side-walk cafes filled with many locals and at least as many tourists. We loved playing Augsburg with their friendly people and many interesting players!
Make sure to check this 1-minute impression from Augsburg 2018.
About the Organizer
This year, we hope to meet local organizers in Augsburg. During 2017 this was a straight forward Streetpianos PMIY concept, sponsored by Augsburg local orgaizers. Now that Streetpianos.com are taking a step back from the actual organization of Public Piano events, we’re glad to see Augsburg-City.DE stepping forward to continue this yearly treat!