With our canceled trips to Glasgow Piano City and New York’s Sing for Hope, we’ve first of all been praying to the Piano Gods for continuation of our journey to Seattle – Pianos in the Parks, then on to Portland – Piano Push Play, time permitting to be extended with Everett – Street Tunes. We have a hard time believing we’ll be playing any of their pianos this year…
To remain positive during the lockdown and to stay away from cat-movies, here’s what we’ve been doing on our website past months:
- We’ve grown our collection of Public Pianos (past, present and 2021 forecast) to 5349 and worked on our search engine for better results representation!
- We continue our painstaking tests with new maps for Events and Blog footprint. Our goal remains to make it work for all browsers on Phones, Tablets and Desk- & Laptops. For now, it works for some, fails for other combinations :-(. Tips are more than welcome on how to make it work platform-independently, using Leaflet OpenStreetMaps. During completion of our tests, old map material will remain in place.
- Sadly – for obvious reasons – we had to adjust our calendar almost on a daily basis, once most 2020 Events got SUSPENDED one after the other. Luckily, most announced to be back in 2021! 😊 😀
- Thanks to the help of @Yukena53, a Japanese language summary of our website is now available as a blog for those who might have difficulty in English and prefer their own language instead. Thanks to yet another Piano Pilgrim Sister!
- Once we crossed the bridge of Japanese-English browser-translation, we happily linked to a Japan-specialized collection of no less than 180 Public Pianos, and counting…. Thank you / Arigatō Mr. T. Ooki!
- We’ve been in contact with colleague piano-loving website pianos.pub and hope to continue growing the Public Piano community side by side. Their site is particular good for reporting newly found Public Pianos worldwide, so make sure to have a look around!
- Sometimes a sad situation brings something good, in this case contact with a Piano Pilgrim of the outer catergory, world-famous KlavierKunst shining in Minneapolis.
- We’ve intensified our everlasting fellowship with Hero Fabio’s website PianistWithoutBorders.com (refurbishment W.I.P.), you’ll see more links between our sites for Events that either of us played before or will play in the future!
Stay safe, stay healthy and enjoy playing!